Peck’s Title Book Includes:
- Heavy-duty casebound 6-ring binder with the same durability as a hard covered bound book
- Color sample documents and information for all 50 states plus Washington DC
- Lien Information by State quick reference guide
- Motor Vehicle Directory
- Odometer Disclosure Requirements/Truth in Mileage Implementation dates
- Social Security Number allocations/Vehicle Identification Number information
- Title Issuing States quick reference guide
- Title Fee/Tax quick reference guide
- Transfer Requirements by State quick reference guide
- Full color sample Driver License Guide
Sample Documents shown for Each State:
- Front and back of Certificate of Title in full color
- Registration card in full color
- Application for Title
Information for Each State Contains:
Department of Motor Vehicle contact information including website address.
Title and Proof of Ownership – Which vehicles/vessels are required to be titled, including manufactured homes; where application for title is made and fee; what ownership documents are required; how brands are shown on titles; requirements for obtaining title to salvage, rebuilt, junk, and abandoned vehicles; how to obtain duplicate and amended titles; when VIN inspections are required.
Lien Law – Filing requirements for protection of secured party; filing mechanic’s/garageman’s liens; requirements for releasing liens; location of records; UCC filing information; electronic lien & title procedures.
Transfer of Title – Procedure for transfer; how to add/remove a party from a title; joint ownership requirements; transfer upon death of an owner; when notarization is required; power of attorney requirements.
Repossession – Information for both home state and out-of-state repossession.
Registration – Which vehicles are required to be registered; where vehicles are registered and renewed; expiration dates of registration and late fees; special registration permits issues; military registration exemptions; and plate, dealer’s plate, and manufacturer’s plate information.
Taxes – Sales tax, use tax, property tax, and heavy vehicle use tax information.
Registration/Plate Fees – Registration fees; personalized plates; refund information; duplicate and replacement fees.
General Information – Leased vehicle information; insurance requirements; emission inspection; motor vehicle safety inspection; record searches; law enforcement contact information.
Driver’s License – Fees; expiration and duration; renewal; license classes and endorsements.